Tuesday, January 1, 2013

Day One

As I sit here enjoying my alone time and morning coffee on the first day of 2013, I am so overwhelmed with thankfulness.

I keep hearing news stories about how 2012 was a real bummer; there was nothing but "bad news" in the world. And I can see that. But I look at my own life and think that 2012 was one of my best yet. I worked on Me a lot this year - physically, emotionally, and psychologically I am healthier. I am happier. I am more content.

2012 didn't start out so rosy. The details don't matter, but I am so glad things ended up like they did. I hope that they way I live reflects the many chances I've been given to be better and appreciate what I've been given.

I miss my Dad. This year will always be the year my Dad left. There are still moments of intense grief. But, especially with the holidays, memories of a good life - his and the one he built for my Mom and me.

This coming year there are major changes in store. I won't say anything yet. But opportunities are going to come along that I know are just going to blow my mind. I'm hoping I'm open to them, ready to see them for what they are and jump on the wagon with great enthusiasm and positivity.

I'll end with one of my favorite New Year's quotes:

May the mistakes of 2013 be different than those of 2012. 

Keep learning. Keep running. Keep trying. Keep loving. Keep going.

No comments: